Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Chinese New Year 2010


Chinese New Year
is not consider as any major celebration among the Western countries. No doubt, there will be no holidays, no excessive celebration (except in Chinatown) or any cultural activities that usually done during the celebration.

This is my first year for not celebrating CNY with my family members, meeting up with my old mates, going 'bai lin' (visiting) and getting angpows (red packet). However I must be thankful as it is only my first year, there are people who already experienced it for number of years. My friend, a hongkonger received her first red packet after been staying in England for the past 10 years.

There is nothing particular for this year CNY, most of my friends are working on the eve, so there is no reunion dinner. We only managed to eat hot pot in a restaurant at Stoke. No pictures taken for the entire celebration. Haha.

Besides that, I need to repeat myself! I received no calls or texts from any of my Malaysian friends! No one is wishing me Happy CNY, except the Singaporean bloggers that suddenly pop up a MSN conversation and start counting down for CNY.

Speaking about the advertisement by Petronas this year, it is nothing much compared to the past few years advertisements. Perhaps Yasmin Ahmad is not the director anymore. Anyhow I hope there will be a talented director that can produce a good advertisement for the coming years.



HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR 2010!!


IMG_5379(2)

p/s: Just a picture taken during last year (2009) Chinese New Year. =)

3 comments:

kim said...

WHO SAY YOU RECEIVE NO CALLS OR TEXT FROM ANY MALAYSIAN FRIENDS?

I DID CALLED YOU LO OKAY!!!

Jeremy aka Palohchai said...

dude... did not get to send cny card to you on time.. still keeping that with me in the bag.. =.="
Happy CNY, haha

Anyway, passed by your house today, recalled the time I came to your house during CNY, haha.. still remember you told me angpow from your dad's bigger than mum's.. haha

Isaac Wong said...

Haha, dad wants fame so usually give more. LOL. It was his idea to tell you that, "it's from dad and not from mom"

No worries, thought that counts. ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin